Monday, December 15, 2014

Pastel Menagerie | Lara Scouller Gallery [feedly]



----
Pastel Menagerie | Lara Scouller Gallery
// Artist's Network

Scottish artist Lara Scouller finds her greatest inspiration for her animal paintings not in the wild, or even at the zoo, but among the taxidermy collections in European museums.

"What happened was that I won a three-month residency in Florence, at the end of my final year of college," Scouller explains. "One day I walked into La Specola, a natural history museum absolutely brimming from floor to ceiling with stuffed specimens. My reaction was one of complete amazement. From then on, I went to the museum almost every day. The atmosphere was a bit eerie yet charming, and I really enjoyed working there. Once back in Britain, I had a solo exhibition and sold some of the paintings, and that encouraged me to continue."

Learn more about Scouller, and see more of her pastel menagerie, in the February 2015 issue of Pastel Journal, available at NorthLightShop.com or on newsstands January 6.

Cassowary (pastel, 29x21 1/2) by Lara Scouller

Cassowary (pastel, 29×21 1/2) by Lara Scouller

Red Ibis (pastel, 21x19) by Lara Scouller

Red Ibis (pastel, 21×19) by Lara Scouller

Grevy's Zebra (pastel, 21 1/2x29) by Lara Scouller

Grevy's Zebra (pastel, 21 1/2×29) by Lara Scouller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS

• Get Your Pastel Journal 2014 CD 

• Subscribe to Pastel Journal magazine

• Watch pastel art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV

• Get unlimited access to over 100 art instruction ebooks

• Online seminars for fine artists

 

 

The post Pastel Menagerie | Lara Scouller Gallery appeared first on Artist's Network.


----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment