Sunday, March 8, 2015

There’s Always Time to Write a Book [feedly]



----
There's Always Time to Write a Book
// The Art of Non

2436376438_e8794ef9a6_z

From Laura Vanderkam's busy year:

"I have never believed that book writing needs to be all-consuming. It wasn't for Toni Morrison writing The Bluest Eye at night after her kids went to bed and let's face it, we're not likely to produce anything like The Bluest Eye no matter how much time we spend writing. Books are projects like any other.

Incidentally, you can make time for the rest of your life too. I'm always amused by the lines in book acknowledgements in which authors (generally, male authors) thank their families for putting up with all their missed dinners. Not only am I not missing dinner, I'm generally cooking it."

I'm busy as always, but I'm also writing a new book this year. How about you?

###

Image: Dan


----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment