My Studio: An Embroidery of My Ceramics Collection!
// Brown Paper Bag
For the past few weeks, I've been working on my exhibition piece for Bower Bird at the Light Grey Art Lab. The show focuses on collections, with each illustrator creating an image that highlights theirs. It should come as no surprise that I covet ceramics, specifically those made by other illustrators. So, that's what I chose to embroider!
Here are the ceramics included in my piece, by the illustrator who made them (with the exception of the swan—I never got the name of that person). And some of these, you can still buy:
I experimented with appliqué in this piece, which was super fun—very collage-esque—and something I'll definitely try again soon.
And finally, here are some in-progress shots that I chronicled on Instagram!
Looking for more? Check out these related posts:
- My Studio: 'Favorite Bites in Baltimore' Embroidery – Complete!
- Olympia Le-Tan's Beautiful Embroidered Clutches Look like the Cover of a Book
- My Studio: A Completed Embroidery and a Sneak Peek Next Week
- "Bolden" by Jen Collins Has New Ceramic Beauties in the Shop!
- My Studio: Floral Embroidery in Progress
The post My Studio: An Embroidery of My Ceramics Collection! appeared first on Brown Paper Bag.
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPad