Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Artist's Studios [feedly]



----
Artist's Studios
// Muddy Colors

-By Dan dos Santos

I am endless intrigued by Artist's workspaces. I love seeing what type environment different people find inspiring and what type of layouts they find conducive to their workflow. For years, I've kept a folder on my desktop and dragged photos into it of all the various studios I've come across on the internet.

There is of course no shortage of beautiful, awe inspiring workspaces to drool over online, and I certainly save those too. But this particular collection of pictures is not about the best interior design or interior decoration for me. These shots are of working artist's everyday working spaces. It's where these artists go, day after day, to create the very images that we all know them so well for. The spaces are often meant to be beautiful, but they are always meant to be functional.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. And please feel free to share a link to pics of your own studio in the comments section.

Dan dos Santos

Yuko Shimizu

Michael Whelan

Steven Stroud

Brad Kunkle

Greg Ruth

Tran Nguyen

Rebecca Guay

James Gurney

Jennifer Gwynn Oliver

Robert Hunt

Steve Hickman

Greg Hildebrandt

Greg Manchess

Donato Giancola

James Jean

Dave Palumbo

Eric Fortune

David Hockney

Shawn Barber

Yoshitomo Nara

Chris Buzelli

Paolo Rivera

George Perez

Howard Lyon

Travis Charest

Drew Struzan

Tom Kidd

All images are © their respective owners. 

----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment